From quizzes to competitive exams, general knowledge has become an important part of the educational system. Hence, it has become crucial for children to keep up with current affairs. Parents can improve their child’s general knowledge by enhancing their interest in the subject. Read on to know ways to do so from the teachers of the top CBSE school in Kolkata.
Tips to improve your child’s general knowledge:
- Inculcate the practice of reading: Parents can enhance their children’s general knowledge by encouraging them to read newspapers, informative magazines, and GK books. This will allow your children to develop an interest in reading those materials, thereby increasing their general knowledge.
- Watch Quiz shows together: Another great way to increase your child’s general knowledge is by making them watch quiz shows. From these shows, your child can be exposed to informational content and also learn about current affairs. Moreover, you can ask your child to participate in inter school quiz contests. The best CBSE schools in South Kolkata often hold quiz contests that help children to hone their general knowledge.
- Take them to museums: During weekends, you can take your child to visit the museums in your city. This will help them expand their knowledge base, which is instrumental in improving their general knowledge.
- Encourage them to ask questions: Children have an inquisitive mind, which needs to be nurtured and cultivated with knowledge. Therefore, encourage them to ask as many questions as they can whenever they come across new information. This will help to increase their general knowledge.
Benefits of general knowledge for children:
- Boosts self-confidence: A solid foundation in general knowledge will aid in the growth of your child’s sense of self. Your child will be more resourceful the more they know. This will help them gain self-confidence. During the first five to ten years of life, the formation of your child’s cognitive abilities will depend on the types of general knowledge and life skills they get exposed to. As a result, your child will grow to have a more positive self-image and become more extroverted, confident, and friendly.
- Increases mental stimulation: Your child’s brain needs knowledge and mental exercise to grow and develop. They will be better capable of thinking if they are exposed to more knowledge-based stimulation. Hence, your child’s capacity for perception, comprehensiveness, and communication can all significantly improve.
Improving your child’s general knowledge will help in their overall development, states the teachers of the top CBSE school in Kolkata. Thus, always encourage your child to strive towards increasing their general knowledge.